STSC Minor Requirements (6 c.u.)
Two (2) Core Courses (both of these are required) (2 c.u)
You MUST take either STSC 0100 (Emergence of Modern Science) or STSC 0600 (Technology & Society).
You MUST complete a second foundation course chosen from the following list: STSC 0100, 0600, 1600, 1880, 2080, 1120
- This requirement may be fulfilled by taking both STSC 0100 and STSC 0600.
Four (4) Departmental Elective Courses (4 c.u.)
- Only History and Sociology of Science department courses count for this requirement. These courses are listed either as STSC or HSOC courses.
To become an STSC Minor
- Visit Path@Penn and use the "Declare/Update Field of Study" link to request the STSC minor.
- Download and fill out the application: STSC Minor Declaration Application
- Submit your application to the STSC Chair or Associate Director, who will add the minor to your transcript. Please remember that adding the minor to your worksheet does not place the minor onto your transcript.
NOTE: For HSOC majors, only two courses may double-count between HSOC and the STSC minor.