The Application Process
Application deadline for Fall 2022 admission: December 15, 2021 11:59 pm E.S.T.
Access the graduate admissions page for information about the Graduate Division of the School of Arts and Sciences and about the admissions process itself. For more information, contact the Graduate Coordinator for our program.
To apply follow this link: https://www.applyweb.com/upenng/
All application materials must be submitted electronically.
The GRE General Test is not required during the 2021/22 admissions cycle due to the current circumstances around the pandemic. Applicants for whom English is a secondary language are required to take a test of English (such as the TOEFL iBT® Test (standard/in-person), the TOEFL iBT® Special Home Edition, the TOEFL ITP® Plus for China solution, or the Duolingo English Test).
The Department Process
After reviewing applicant files, the faculty invites those students who seem most promising to spend a full day at Penn. Prospective students who are invited to visit meet with faculty and graduate students and learnmore about our facilities, setting and program. Any interested student is of course welcome to attend one of our Monday workshops.
- Deadline for applications to the SAS Grad Office: December (see date above)
- On-campus pre-admission interviews for invited students: January and February
- Admissions offers go out: Late February
- Post-Admission Re-Visit Day for admitted students: mid-March
- Decision deadline for admitted students: April 15