The petition process is simple, and the vast majority are approved. 

  • Review your concentration--have you taken the core or others for the concentration?
  • Download the petition form
  • Make an argument as to why this course falls within HSOC, applies to your concentration and fits in with the other courses in your concentration. The petition should demonstrate with concrete examples how the course is specifically relevant to the Health and Societies major and to the concentration.
  • Submit petition and course syllabus to the HSOC Director or Associate Director

HSOC Course Petition Dec 16.docx