Submajors provide the opportunity for students to explore their particular interest within STS.
Each student puts together a program of four courses from across the university as well as the department that help them explore a topic, problem or question.
- Biotechnology and Biomedicine
- Energy and Environment
- Global Science and Technology
- Information and Organizations
- A submajor is a group of four courses (4 cu)
- A submajor is about a topic, problem, or question that the student wants to explore and investigate
- Each submajor has a list of some pre-approved (but not required) courses for each submajor to aid students in creating their submajors
- Up to three non-College courses may be in the submajor
- Students may petition courses for their chosen submajor. STSC Request Form 18C.docx
- Any science courses must be 200-level or higher to be included in the submajor
- Seniors must submit petitions before the end of add period in their last semester before graduation
Petitioning Courses for the Submajor
- Submit a syllabus and petition form to Dr. Greene or Dr. Benson
- All petitions must make an argument about including this course in your submajor that connects the course specifically to the submajor and to STSC major.
- Petitions should be submitted promptly during or just after the semester in which the course occurs.
- STSC Request Form 18C.docx
Previous Submajors (for already declared majors as of January 4, 2017)
Cultures of Technoscience
Energy, Environment and Technology
Life Science in Society